Feeling bad for a knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amon-Rukh

Reaction score
I recently sold my Zwilling 4-Star santoku to a colleague in order to drum up some cash for other things. It was a knife that I never used much to begin with (came with a block set) and that I haven't touched at all since getting into nicer things. But I still couldn't help feeling kind of bad about that fact that the person I sold it to clearly doesn't know anything about knives and that the poor thing is probably in for a life of abuse and punishment now.

I guess there's always hope that having a knife that's clearly better than the $10-at-Target stuff will get her more interested in knives in general though, right?

The solution you found was the best possible to all parties. You got your cash, she got the best knife she ever had, and the knife gets where it is made for: punishment and abuse. It's a German knife after all.

[video=youtube;NeyEXt7-0jU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeyEXt7-0jU[/video]

... But ... the lamp looks so lonely! Very funny commercial, thanks for sharing.

Back