Shigefusa in Tokyo/Kyoto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mute-on

Reaction score
I'm lucky enough to be visiting Tokyo and Kyoto during the last week of March and would like to know of any stores that are known to stock Shigefusa.

I'm also interested in sources for kiridashi and kogatana, any notable makers.

Many thanks in advance :)

Cheers

J

Kiya? and maybe the knife shops near that kitchenware street around asakusa .. maybe call them and see if you can pick them up when you are in Tokyo

Kiya often has co branded Shigs, I bought my yo shig there... But the selection is quite variable and you don't know what they will have at any given moment

I would try my luck at the kiya main store in Tokyo.

We're going to be in Kyoto at the same time. I'll listen for an aussie accent. You listen for my canadian "Eh".

I just shot Kiya an email asking about Shigs in stock, they replied within 15 minutes ... which is pretty darn good ... I asked about Gyuto in 210/240 or petty.

They replied back that they have very limited stock (what a surprise), and only have these three in stock (1 each!!)

・NAKIRI Japanese vegetable knife(KUROUCHI) 43,200 yen.
・SHOBU SASHIMI knife, Japanese raw fish slicer (KASUMI) 21cm blade 58,860 yen.
・DEBA Japanese raw fish carver (KASUMI) 12cm blade 51,840 yen.

Hope this helps. I am out of that race.

Cheers

Going again in November this year. Would be interested in what you find out :)

I'm going in Oct. I'm going to see if I can order some stuff with them.. are the knife the exact spec compared to the normal shigs or are they are made to order specifically for KIYA like JNS with the workhorse kato?

I'm going in Oct. I'm going to see if I can order some stuff with them.. are the knife the exact spec compared to the normal shigs or are they are made to order specifically for KIYA like JNS with the workhorse kato?

Leave me some will ya? [emoji1]

I'm eyeing that too.

I got a Santoku off him and now I need to convince him to part with his Nakiri. He is more of a gyuto man, he doesn't need a nakiri!!!!

Ah yes, his joining the pact was most welcome, although I was kinda hoping to get my hands on that nakiri.

I'm eyeing that too.

I got a Santoku off him and now I need to convince him to part with his Nakiri. He is more of a gyuto man, he doesn't need a nakiri!!!!

The Nakiri is definitely promised for Tanner =)

I'm likely going to be getting another Nakiri and Santoku in the next 6 months from what it looks like.

damn.. you're like the store that exclusively supplies Shig santokus and Nakiris. let me know if you ever want to part with the next one :)

I am going to track down every Shig in Tokyo and bring all of them back to Australia :)

I just need to know where to find them ... ;)

I have no idea what the culture appropriateness is for Japanese but it was more thinking on the lines of the front office directing you to places that stock their knives

Kiya's easy to find. There are several other places around but you'll need special skills to find them

Y58000 for a 12-inch deba? Sounds like a mistake

How many knives a month can 3 guys put out? JNS is also saying that the 2 sons have cut back involvement due to curcumstances? 25 - 50 knives a month?

Back