Fu Rin Ka Zan White #2 Sakai Knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mistascoopa

Reaction score
Furin-11.gif

http://japanesechefsknife.com/FurinkazanSpecials.html#FuRinKaZanSpecials

Did anyone here jump on one of these yet? Would really like to know more about them. Cladding re-activeness, distal taper, grind behind edge?

Always been a fan of knives from Sakai. Really enjoyed mono-lasers and Kono Fujiyamas at one point, now it's Tesshus. These days, thicker spines at the pinch with excellent distal taper are my preference and these could a prime candidate. $225 for a 240 w/ saya sounds like an excellent deal.

Any additional info on these would be appreciated. Not looking to buy now myself, but possibly in the future.

Thanks.

looks identical to the Tesshu offerings. Same ole story - same knives, different names.

I have a few shiraki forged tesshu knives, looks very similar. Haven't checked current aframes inventory..... Shiraki San pumps out a lot knives for a lotta brands. Just picked up a Kono blue 1 and he was the smith that forged my blade.

Impossible to say who may be responsible for the forge by looking at a photo and specs. Angled shots don’t quite show a profile much anyway. Doesn’t look anything like my Tesshus.

These just came out I think. I guess I’ll have to wait a while for some useful feedback.

Thanks.

I'm not sure how new they are, I think they were on sale at xmas time.

One thing I noticed is that the specs are indeed almost identical to the Tesshu in white steel at aframestokyo (out of stock) but the knife at aframes has a different sort of finish.

Back