Quantcast
If you had $500 for a Gyuto what would you get?
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you had $500 for a Gyuto what would you get?

If you had $500 for a Gyuto what would you get?

If I remember correctly someone might have posted something like this a while back, but can't remember. So here it is. If you have $500.00 to spend on any gyuto what would it be? There is a slight method to my madness in asking for future reference. Would you go with a Shig? Watanabe? Miz? Or something else?

Are we assuming we have no other gyutos?

Easy. If you can wait, one of Pierre's thin Gyutos (210-240mm), if not, one of the 7.6sun Carter funayukis he has up on his site right now...
    Or this.

09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Shigefusa

Shige or Marko.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Quote Originally Posted by oivind_dahle View Post
    Id get a Marko custom
    Haha. Have you gotten your hands on a prototype or is that based on what you've seen so far and Marko's work ethic/nature?

Shige is to reactive. And since marko is a coming star you even got a says and a nice handle too

Well as you know I am a fan of high end knives and for 500 marko is the best deal atm

Quote Originally Posted by bprescot View Post
    Haha. Have you gotten your hands on a prototype or is that based on what you've seen so far and Marko's work ethic/nature?
    No
    But I have seen his handles and his says. I know he is a perfectionist and strives to become better than most I also know he works with the best makers out there and have studied kitchen knives for a long time, and seen most of high end knives there is to see. What impresses me the most is that he has been doing knives for a long time no, he studies and learns, but he has not yet started to sell knives. He won't sell any seconds and that tells me that he puts a lot of energy in making the best there is. He don't rush to sell knives.

I have orders in at most high end makers, but the one that I ordered most from is Marko. (It think I ordered 8 knives to be delivers over the next couple of years)

haha no, just seeing what you other guys would pick. Thinking about what to get with the refund later in the year so doing the home work now to avoid the Christmas rush.
    Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    Are we assuming we have no other gyutos?