20% off - Friends & Family weekend!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buttermilk

Reaction score
As one of my final steps in opening shop to the world, and having just recently finished the construction on our new workshop and office, I wanted to continue the industry (restaurant industry) tradition of Friends & Family. After just now announcing to those that have followed me in food through the years, I thought I'd extend the offer to everyone here as well. So, from now until Sunday evening, using the discount code "friends" rewards you with 20% off of your entire purchase. No restrictions. I don't believe in restrictions.

Anyway, thank you for your support and interest in these early months. I look forward to many more years ahead of us.

Sincerely,
Sam

Buttermilk Supply - use the code "friends" at checkout.

friendsandfamilyemail.jpg

Services as well? I just found a couple more forgies...

And I like the t-shirt but don't see it in size hmmm, prosperous.

Services as well? I just found a couple more forgies...

And I like the t-shirt but don't see it in size hmmm, prosperous.

Yes, sir. The 20% off this weekend includes all services as well. No restrictions. If you'd PM me your size, I'd be happy to accommodate an XS.

We need sizes for us manly men, or portly gentlemen as I like to describe myself :) XXL would be nice, any thoughts on ordering a small supply? P.S. I need to make my way down to your shop one of these days since I'm in the area.

Yes. Let me look into getting another run of shirts. I'll post about it when there's an update.

As to my shop, the new workshop I've just built is actually three hours west of the city, on the Mississippi. At the end of last year, two significant family issues came suddenly. I've spent the past month building-out something close to a dream workshop in Moline, IL. I still have a workshop and office in Chicago, but 99% of my time (and business) is spent, now, in Moline. Either way, I'm in Chicago every two or three weeks. If you'd like to see my shop, a lot of farms, and the Mississippi River, you're certainly welcome to visit!

I'm glad I was able to get an awesome knife with this promotion, it's one I've been tempted by for awhile, but with the poor CAD exchange rate I really stop to think before buying products in USD, so the sale was most welcome. Thanks Sam!

Today is the last day to take advantage of the 20% off code! We've just restocked a bunch of Shigehiro and Hinoura knives. Deal ends at midnight!

I'm glad I was able to get an awesome knife with this promotion, it's one I've been tempted by for awhile, but with the poor CAD exchange rate I really stop to think before buying products in USD, so the sale was most welcome. Thanks Sam!

Thanks! I'm happy to help. Enjoy your new knife. :)

I will definitely be enjoying it once is arrives. I had it shipped to a US address as opposed to direct to Canada (to combine shipment with some other items), but was pleasantly surprised to see just how reasonable the international shipping rates are.

Dang that Shigehiro Suminagashi Blue #1 165mm Petty looks so tempting but just having purchased three knives has my wife in a bit of a tizzy. Have any of you ever heard your wife say "no more knives"? ;-( Looks like I'll have to wait a month or so ;-)

Sam, Do you take orders for the Shigefusa Kurouchi Santoky 165mm and if so can I take advantage of the 20% off Friends and Family Weekend?

So far I've only been getting "The look" ... and I think I do detect a certain pattern of her doing online shopping after going to bed the days after one of my knife purchases. I have alerts set up for all credit cards, and the number of alert messages are a lot higher on those 3 days or so AKP (after knife purchase) ...

Dang that Shigehiro Suminagashi Blue #1 165mm Petty looks so tempting but just having purchased three knives has my wife in a bit of a tizzy. Have any of you ever heard your wife say "no more knives"? ;-( Looks like I'll have to wait a month or so ;-)

So far I've only been getting "The look" ... and I think I do detect a certain pattern of her doing online shopping after going to bed the days after one of my knife purchases. I have alerts set up for all credit cards, and the number of alert messages are a lot higher on those 3 days or so AKP (after knife purchase) ...

That's funny but with my wife the eldest daughter of parents that just barely survived the last Great Depression she likes save (and we are in our 70's). She is just finally accepting that the Konosuke Petty and the Teruyasu Fujiwara Petty I bought for her are better knives than her older Globals and German knives.

She laughs when I tell her not to cut the veggies so I can break out my Jknives and assist with meals!

I just tried to make a purchase for sharpening a 7" knife (shipping on me) but it said the coupon code expired.

The knife is 165mm or 6.4" but guessing the gets rounded up?

I have been lusting after a pair of those kitchen shears since I saw them. Are you planning on getting more?

Also when I go to check out with the buyer ship selection, it's defaulting to the $20 shipping charge instead of just the service charge.

Same here. Been one of those weekends but wanted to get this done. I'm going to go full rate and ask you to sort it out at your end.

Dave

I will definitely be enjoying it once is arrives. I had it shipped to a US address as opposed to direct to Canada (to combine shipment with some other items), but was pleasantly surprised to see just how reasonable the international shipping rates are.

International shipping from the U.S., in actual shipping costs, is significantly more expensive than it likely needs to be. Seeing as though knives will always ship for free in the U.S., I decided to absorb most of the international shipping on knives as well.

If I wasn't on a "knife diet" I'd be all over this. Great deal!

Diets exist only in relative terms. :)

Sam, Do you take orders for the Shigefusa Kurouchi Santoky 165mm and if so can I take advantage of the 20% off Friends and Family Weekend?

Unfortunately, no. I've decided to not play the Shigefusa game for now. I've found every Shigehiro knife to perform on par with, if not better than, every Shigefusa I've owned. Shigehiro blades are also far less reactive.

Also when I go to check out with the buyer ship selection, it's defaulting to the $20 shipping charge instead of just the service charge.

Ah! I don't know how this happened, but I've fixed it now. My apologies.

I have been lusting after a pair of those kitchen shears since I saw them. Are you planning on getting more?

Yes! Though, they won't arrive for another month or two. If you add yourself to the waiting list, you'll immediately receive an e-mail notification when they're back in stock.

Same here. Been one of those weekends but wanted to get this done. I'm going to go full rate and ask you to sort it out at your end.

Dave

Dave, you happened to hit the same error as above. I've since fixed it. I've received your order and will shortly be processing the discount as a refund to you.

The code went a bit nuts. I'm not sure if it was from use or my own coding error. Anyway, because of this, I'm extending the 20% discount code until tomorrow afternoon. My apologies to everyone that encountered this issue. The code is working again!

I just tried to make a purchase for sharpening a 7" knife (shipping on me) but it said the coupon code expired.

Potentially lucky for you, a great customer ended up cancelling their order for the last of these santoku. It has been re-posted as available.

I can second Sam's comments regarding the Shigehiro/shigefusa comparison. Definitely on point.

Latest posts

Back