240 gyuto prebuy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delbert Ealy

Reaction score
I would like to announce a prebuy for my 240+mm(usually 245mm) O-1 or AEB-L gyutos
They will be made from 2mm stock (AEB-L may be slightly thicker) with the convex grind I have been working on.
I want to say that these knives have an improved profile with less belly than my previous damascus gyutos and since they are convex grind rather than full flat grind they will not have the flex that some of those knives had. These are designed to be high performance cutters with a fine finish to the blade(hand sanded) and my usual excellent handles. Handle materials can be from my considerable selection of stabilized woods or selected from other sources. Some materials may not be suitable for handles or may be used at an increased price. The deposit will be half of the cost of the finished knife. I will be offering 2 different profiles for this prebuy, my standard, which is the top proflie in the first pic and a narrower profile for those who like a gyuto that is less tall, which is the middle profile.
Please pm me for price and if you want to participate.
I intend to begin making these knives on October 15, this will allow time for me to stock materials and to finish projects I have in the works now.
The second pic if of the #1 profile knife finished.

The cost for these including domestic shipping is $430, with a deposit of $215 for either the O-1 or the AEB-L

Thanks,
Del

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the things I am considering as an option for the first dozen or so of these knives is a copper and sterling silver mokume pin rather than the mosaic pins I am using now. I have not made any of the mokume up, so I will have to do that first, but haw do you guys feel about that?
Del

Great idea...I wish I could'be gotten one with a mokume pin.

i like the mokume idea, it will be different

One of the things I am considering as an option for the first dozen or so of these knives is a copper and sterling silver mokume pin rather than the mosaic pins I am using now. I have not made any of the mokume up, so I will have to do that first, but haw do you guys feel about that?
Del
That sounds really cool! I know my wallet won't be happy about it, but I may have to inquire about one of these....

Enquiry from Singapore. PM sent.

hv a nice weekend..

Something that I forgot to mention and has come up a couple of times in PM. The mokume pin is a no-cost upgrade at this time, but in the future(if I offer it) there will be a premium.
Thanks,
Del

Here is another one I just finished about of AEB-L.
Del

eldon4.jpg

eldon3.jpg

eldon2.jpg

eldon1.jpg

Another one in AEB-L african blackwood and spalted maple burl.
Thanks,
Del

jw1.jpg

jw3.jpg

jw2.jpg

They look really nice Del, and great choices of wood!

Is this a numbered limited run or are you making how ever many get ordered?

For you that read the previous post here, I decided to make a change. I am going to make these a limited run and I may even number them. There will only be 12 in this run.
Thanks,
Del

For the record, I think numbering the blades would be cool. :D

I have decided to extend this until the 15th, for those of you that missed the 30th.
Thanks,
Del

I would like to get one. I have sent you an email.

The beginning, not quite all of them, I have material in transit for the latecomers. :viking:
Sorry about the bad pics
Del

prebuy batch.jpg

Back