Help with: traveling with knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisisputt

Reaction score
Can you give me some help about traveling on planes with knives either coming back or/and going to other countries or domestic traveling. Would it be illegal( in some countries)? Would people be giving me weird looks?

Dont keep on you carry on, haven't had issues if packed up properly in my checked luggage. Wouldn't carry a bunch of $500 dollar knives, not even one if I didn't have too.

I've fly out of Thailand several times with entire suitcases full of kitchen knives. Just pack them safely (I take a roll of duct tape with me and wrap them in cardboard there) and put them in your checked luggage. Never had anyone question that in Thailand, Viet Nam or China.

Can't speak to travelling in/out of the PacRim but very often to Europe and Africa. I carry them on checked (obviously not carry on) bags in a normal knife roll, blade guards on with elastic bands or shrink wrapped, nothing expensive and always pack it at the bottom of everything else. TSA (in the US) have been the only ones that have left inspection cards.

I do what was said above. Never had any issue, but also my luggage was never lost ;)

Back