Hello, another Torontonian

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucasFur

Warrior of Jarhead clan
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Lucas

I have been the definition of lurker for probably about a year. I am a home cook, but love the idea of using tools for life.
I am probably more into straight razors then I am knives, I am now in the selling phase for razors though, and keeping a tight collection.
Back to knives, i have a full progression of stones 220/400/1000/3000/4000/8000/10000 + 4or5 pastes + couple Jnats + different leathers to play around with.

I went though a phase where i was shaving with some of my knives after i brought them to the stones. videos are on youtube.

I have a few knives I consider good enough to mention. Mostly Japanese for those interested
masakage yuki bunka
takamura R2 150m petty
Bob kramer 8" chef knife 52100
bob kramer 8" chef knife R2
Fujiwara Denka no hoto 8"
sukenari zdp-189 240mm gyuto
Konosuke honyaki W2 ashi hamono 240mm gyuto
Dylan farnham 10"
kikuichi warikomi 240mm gyuto
Sabatier K200 240mm gyuto - say what you like its a laser
takeda Iron clad 250mm gyuto
Had: a rosselli 8" Wootz steel advertized HRC at 68
Had: masakage mizu 165mm bunka

I realize I'm that gyuto guy, I never need anything else at home though. oh oh a peeler hahaha

Hope I can contribute, teach and learn. I already have a first post idea, How I as a basically newb knife sharpener removed the wedging issue by removing the shoulder off my takeda with out ruining the finish. Anybody interested?

Thanks!

Back