Any VW mechanics, pros and amateur on the forum?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 VW Touareg. Love this truck but it has given me a good amount of grief))) over the time I owned it. ))) Sometimes overbuilt or over-engineered is not a good thing. ))

I need to tackle a couple of faults I am getting in a diagnostic scan, but not sure how to do it. These are not critical, so don't require an immediate trip to a mechanic, but they result in battery being drained and need to be addressed.

Would appreciate help and would be very interested in trading service for service.

Thanks,

Marko

Marko,

A good friend of mine works for Mazda doing dealership training of techs, helping dealerships with cars they can't figure out what's wrong, reporting issues back to the factory, etc. I will call him and PM you his contact info. What are the codes are you getting?

Bill,
I am getting this one

00470 - Data Bus for Comfort System
00470 - Combination comfort Databus in Single Wire: Open Circuit
Possible Symptoms

Data Bus Comfort working in Single-Wire Mode

Possible Causes

Wiring/Connectors from/to Control Modules
Control Module in CAN Data Bus Comfort faulty

Possible Solutions

Check Measuring Value Blocks (MVB)
Check Wiring/Connectors from/to Control Modules

There is a short in the system, and it is draining the battery. I have a new battery, but it is likely to go soon if the short is not located.

'
Bill,
I am getting this one

00470 - Data Bus for Comfort System
00470 - Combination comfort Databus in Single Wire: Open Circuit
Possible Symptoms

Data Bus Comfort working in Single-Wire Mode

Possible Causes

Wiring/Connectors from/to Control Modules
Control Module in CAN Data Bus Comfort faulty

Possible Solutions

Check Measuring Value Blocks (MVB)
Check Wiring/Connectors from/to Control Modules

There is a short in the system, and it is draining the battery. I have a new battery, but it is likely to go soon if the short is not located.

Did you do any work on the vehicle prior to the problem with the battery draining? Shorts are often caused by wires getting pinched between components being reassembled or chaffing wires. Another cause would be a component shorting to ground.

Marko, sending you an email with his contact info, sorry for the delay my wife has been sick so the evenings are crazy. I just spoke to him so now isn't bad and he is working all day tomorrow.

As a FYI for others he did say that the trouble codes are more than likely related to a module not shutting off when it's supposed to (like the car is turned off and the key pulled out of the ignition). So in your case maybe the comfort module is not shutting down when it's supposed to.

Bill

Marko are you reading these fault codes through a standard code reader or a VAG-COM (software on a laptop)? At this point it really doesn't matter. I will run these codes through a friend of mine who is ex-VW now Audi. He is closest to you at Audi Manhattan but he might not be able to pull all the info since they are Audi only. The rest of his friends and mine are VW mechanics scattered all over NJ. Should be able to figure it out or find someone who can help you.

Back