Chicken Salt

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*throws money at computer*

That sounds addictive.

Down here, fish & chips with chicken salt sprinkled is something typical.

Isn't that like Knorr Chicken Powder but without the MSG?

Chicken skin > Bacon (I know this is a controversial topic) =D

I did something similar once with duck skin. Fried, dehydrated, blitzed with sea salt, thyme, marjoram, and a little lavender.

Sprinkled it on roasted potatoes and on buttered bread.

I thought chicken salt is everywhere

Nothing like crisp poultry skin. What's the most popular brands in Australia? They seem more similar to Lawrey's season salt. Chicken base usually contains tumeric with it's "natural" chicken flavors.

Bill, I'm happy to go in on an order. Anyone know if there is a version where the chicken gets wrapped in bacon for the initial roasting, as that that would pretty much eliminate the need to two different seasoning 'salts'... :)

im surprised people want to buy it seems like the family pack of wings cut with even 25% salt of your choice by weight should yield a buttload... in terms of residential use anyway.

im surprised people want to buy it seems like the family pack of wings cut with even 25% salt of your choice by weight should yield a buttload... in terms of residential use anyway.

spoiled,

I'm interested in getting a reference point, if I like it I think I would try making it once it ran out.

Fruit has seeds inside and vegetables don't. Therefore chickens must be fruit, as the male has a seed inside and then after hot chicken sex there is seed inside the female chicken. (dang, smiley list apparently does not have a hot chicken sex smilie...)

Ahhh, the age old question. Is chicken a fruit or a vegetable?

Just to make us meat eaters feel a bit better a study just came out showing how long term vegetarian diet can cause a genetic mutation that indirectly causes an increase in the risk of colon cancer. Our bodies were made to be omnivores, of course having free will we can choose not to, but it can lead to matabolism deficiencies. On the flip side eating to much meat has it's issues too.

As an aside Omnivores Dilemma is a great book, especially the chapters dealing with corn, big organics and Polyface Farms.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/vegetarian-plant-based-diet-genetic-mutation-cancer-risk-380079

If fish are alright for some vegetarians, what about fish salt? Or would that be too close to dehydrated fish sauce?

Back