Gude source for Guede

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gadgetguy9000

Reaction score
I have fallen for the bread sword. Lehman doesn't carry it any longer. What is the best source for a US or Canadian address?

http://www.knives-from-germany.com

This place has shipping already included in the price to US. There will be about 20% VAT to take off the list price. With PayPal, there is another 5% off.

I bought mine from there, and it was under two weeks to arrive to Australia via normal post.

I paid for mine with SM from Tenera AG. They offer several handle wood options. Tough to beat the olive wood.

I think the Walnut one is the cheapest, at 159 Euros - minus 19% VAT and minus 5% if you pay with PayPal.

With todays exchange rate that gets you the knife for $133 US. Not too shabby....

I toyed with getting one for quite some time. If I'd still be living in Germany, with the awesome variety of (crusty) bread, I'd get one. But I really don't need it here in the US with the bread we buy. Then again, I really don't need a Suji or a Honesuki, but I am still thinking about getting them because they are ... knives? Awesome? Cool looking? ... and when it comes to bada** factor, few knives beat the Guede sword ... apart from real swords. Maybe!

Start baking some sourdough at home, then you will have a good reason to find a good bread sword :)

Back