Quantcast
Founding Members
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Founding Members

Founding Members

Although this might seem like a 'petty' (no pun intended ) thing to point out, it made me curious enough to make a thread.

What does the "Founding" title even mean? Because I've see some people who just registered two months ago and were brand new to the j-knife community, yet they have this title in their name...then I see others who have been on the other forum for 4+ years and came over here early on with their wealth of knowledge and experience, yet they weren't chosen to be a member of this group.

I'm sure that newbies who come here notice things like that and assume those people are so-called experts and will hold more weight with their advice than others. So basically my question is, what constitutes someone as a Founding member?

It's the first batch of forum members who signed up for this: http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/an...nt.php?f=4&a=3

Thanks for the link...although that seems to be directed towards a Supporting member, where a fee makes sense as you are actually supporting the forum by paying.

However, I still don't understand how people are distinguished as a Founding member when some are brand new to the forum. Was this a paid subscription to? I normally don't read the other sub-forums if all of this info is there. Just curious.

Founding Supporting members are the people who signed up early on as supporting members. This tag "founding" was one of the incentives given to subscribe. It was an automatic promotion within the user profiles at the time of subscription. I tried to find the thread that detailed this option but I came up empty handed.

Which illustrates my frustration with the "search" function!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    Which illustrates my frustration with the "search" function!

I did some poking around the interweb and have come to conclusion that most forum software providers offer crappy search functions, seems like this is the general consensus anyway. According to most reports I've read the software we're using is the best for this though.....so there ya go....

I just need to refine my search parameters better.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Use Google. "search terms" site:www.kitchenknifeforums.com
    “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”

I keep forgetting that!
    Spike C
    Pirsig

Google is much better at the search thing. They've got a few hundred billion more than vBulletin.