D. Martell For Sale - 270mm Gyuto w/Pre Made wa handle!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
Stats

Length - 270mm

Height (at heel) - 58mm

Steel - CPM-154 (Crucible Particle Metallurgy aka stainless powdered steel)

Hardness - Rc61-62

Handle Style - Wa Octagonal

Handle Materials - Ebony with blond streaked buffalo horn ferrule & metal spacer

Handle Source - Knives and Stones

This is the first knife to have installed a pre-made wa handle supplied by James of Knives and Stones. Using one of these pre-made handles allows me to make a knife quicker which is a huge savings in labor to which I am passing along to my customers in the way of a reduced price. I hope that this is the first of many! :)

Price - $450 (shipping included to USA / International will pay all costs over $25)
*Note - Normal pricing for this knife with a custom handle would be $600!

If you're interested in purchasing this knife please contact via PM or email along with your Paypal email address (for the invoice). If international, please specify country.

Thanks for looking!

Dave

P1010054.JPG

P1010057.JPG

P1010061.JPG

P1010063.JPG

P1010065.JPG

P1010067.JPG

P1010073.JPG

P1010076.JPG

P1010077.JPG

I love this collaboration for two reasons. First it's two different vendors helping each other out, and two, it results it a fantastic finished product. Will there be any 225 or 210's made in CMP as you work your way thru the sheet?

Amaizing work wish I had the money to afford one now.... someday I'll get one !

Getting these down to $450 by using a prefabricated handle rocks. Not mention the handles are gorgeous too. There is definitely no loss in quality at a lower price point.

Getting these down to $450 by using a prefabricated handle rocks. Not mention the handles are gorgeous too. There is definitely no loss in quality at a lower price point.

I'm glad to hear your thoughts on this Andrew. I had hoped that people would feel this way besides myself. :)

I really wish it was a 240.

Still mighty tempted tho

How is this not sold? Almost a week at a bargain of a price and now a price drop. I hope it sells before I get a couple of beers in me and ignore my most recent bank statement.

This is getting silly! Since this is maybe more of a pro use size I will add that I took my 01 steel 240 gyuto to Zaytinya for Mike C to play around with for a shift while I went to watch the Capitals play. After the game I told the server I need to see Mike to get my knife back. Mike came into the dining area with a grin from ear to ear. He was in love with the grind and really liked the profile. He said something along the lines of this guy's knives are going to get noticed and once they does his prices won't be so great. This was about 3 months ago. I've loaned him about 6 very high quality knives, this was his favorite, by far. Just saying...

Back