Congrats, Matt R!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildBoar

Home cook, knife accumulator
KKF Supporting Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
James Beard Finalists

Rising Star Chef of the Year
A chef age 30 or younger who displays an impressive talent and who is likely to make a significant impact on the industry in years to come.
Alex Bois, High Street on Market, Philadelphia
Angela Dimayuga, Mission Chinese Food, NYC
Grae Nonas, Olamaie, Austin
Matt Rudofker, Momofuku Ssäm Bar, NYC
Daniela Soto-Innes, Cosme, NYC
Jenner Tomaska, Next, Chicago

Me neither. And a quick Google showed he has been written up a lot in the last year or two, including in Forbes and Saveur. He's an all-star! :thumbsup:

Thats crazy he is in a list with some of the best new chefs there are, I did an event wi daniella when she came to israel and she is amaizing!

I met Matt when he was in high school and I instantly knew that he was a rising star way back then and that's no BS, even told my wife. Actually she thought the same thing after meeting him several times and hearing what he was up to. The guy just has a passion about all things he does. I also credit Matt for pushing me towards and into hand sharpening, he lit my flame and we played around with a lot of stuff back then. I'm so happy to hear about this - congrats to Matt! :doublethumbsup:

Back