Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Retooling my Shop

I know you're busy Marko, but just so I know, did my submission through the contact form go through? I send it a few days ago and haven't gotten anything - just wanted to make sure it wasn't a technical glitch or something. Thanks.

actually named Mike

Checking in!

the move to the new shop turned out to be a nightmare. Everything took longer than expected - electrical, setting up the shop, moving equipment and hooking up. I am *almost* done after two months of work. Anxious to go back to making knives.

On the positive note, my upstairs neighbors are skilled leather workers - one is actually a cobbler (a really good too, his work is amazing). They have an amazing shop filled with equipment. I think there will definitely be some collaboration.

I thank all of you who been patient for the work I owe. I hope this new place will be a new chapter in my journey.

Thanks,

Marko

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Congrats Marko on the successful move. Looking forward to seeing more of your forging!

Retooling my Shop

We look forward to see some photo

Moving is a nightmare, take your time and get everything ready before starting to make knives.
    On Twitter as @vilsjin

Finally, the shop is set up (for the most part)and I can resume working. Here is a picture of the new shop. Will take better ones in the day light tomorrow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2341.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	119.9 KB 
ID:	36534

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

Wow, how many people will be working there?

Before and After Pics.

Fully rebuilt and ready. We de-greased, washed, stripped of the old paint, replaced any worn parts with newly machined, painted, replaced the dies, replaced the motor. This hammer should go trouble free for another decade or more, just basic maintenance like lubricating mechanical parts and cylinders.

Should have it in my shop withing a couple of months. The weight of this 80kg hammer with the 1.75" metal plate is 4 tons!!! No iron was spared in making this big boy. It also sits on 2" of conveyor rubber. Perfect for my rented shop.

Name:	hammer6.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	37582

Name:	hammer1.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	37583

Name:	hammer2.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	37584

Name:	hammer5.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	37585

Name:	hammer4.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	37586

Quote Originally Posted by Matus View Post
    Wow, how many people will be working there?
    Just one and I am already running out of space. 840 square feet (78 square meters) is not that much, actually, if you do all work in-house.

Marko

Sweet work on the refurb! Now all we need are some nice action pic's or an avi/mpeg to metallica please!

To bad you don't know anyone who might sell grinders, tables, plattens/jigs, etc. - that might help you get things set up nicely ...

= ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    Before and After Pics.

Fully rebuilt and ready. We de-greased, washed, stripped of the old paint, replaced any worn parts with newly machined, painted, replaced the dies, replaced the motor. This hammer should go trouble free for another decade or more, just basic maintenance like lubricating mechanical parts and cylinders.

Should have it in my shop withing a couple of months. The weight of this 80kg hammer with the 1.75" metal plate is 4 tons!!! No iron was spared in making this big boy. It also sits on 2" of conveyor rubber. Perfect for my rented shop.

Name:	hammer6.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	37582

Name:	hammer1.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	37583

Name:	hammer2.jpg