Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Retooling my Shop

Great news, congrats Marko!

Administrator
    Kewl beans! Uhm, 840 sq, populated with equipment, where will you fit? Ha!

Older and wider..

Great News !

Congrats and I bet we all cant wait to see the next batch of your work that comes from the new location.

Thanks guys. I am glad finally doing it.

Will pick up the lease today, will move in the last week of the month. Making arrangements to move heavy equipment from the warehouse to the new shop. 840sf is not a lot, but almost twice what I have now so the space feels spacious. I am likely to put all my grinder on pedestals, minimize work bench space. Real estate where I am is pretty expensive, buy or lease, so it's always a delicate balance between space and overhead cost.

I like that I will have my own gas hook-up, so I don't need to deal with propane, and a powerful exhaust is in already (forge fumes), so all that I need to do is to change electrical panel, place receptacles where the equipment will be, put in dust collection for metal and wood, move equipment and I am ready to go.

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I think we'd all love to see pics when you're set up, congrats.

Signed the lease, will start moving equipment next week, For now, just new equipment, and at the end of the month, equipment from my current shop. Trying to get all the bespoken orders before moving, as it might be some down time on another end , though unlikely more than a week.

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

First addition to the new shopc

For tool junkies, like me

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BridportGlenCove.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	35924

My old milling machine (pink colored) finally reached her retirement age - been working since 1943! Still going strong, but starts showing her age.

The machine above is in a very good condition. Look forward to put her through the paces.

Folks,

moving to a new shop this week, getting some work out, but some will have to wait till I move and set up. I probably will have a down time of 3-4 days. Setting up dust extraction in a new shop, that's where most delay comes from.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Marko

Good luck with the move Marko, I'm sure the extra space will get filled up quickly!