Quantcast
bread pudding ?'s....... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bread pudding ?'s.......

House Of Blues has a banana/white chocolate bread pudding with a bourbon cream sauce that I would kill to know how to make!!!

Yeah, cinnamon buns, muffins, cinnamon raisin or blueberry bagels etc work great.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Our bread pudding is a random thing we run as a special when the bread heels start out-pacing our need for croutons. Bags full of scraps from white, wheat, hearty wheat, sourdough, rye, kaiser rolls, baguettes, and cinnamon swirl bread start to pile up near the toaster, and eventually we cube 'em up, dump a bunch of our french-toast batter on them (eggs, heavy cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, malt). Stir in a bit of whatever fruit we have in surplus (usually huckleberries in the summer, otherwise apples or peaches or bananas), melt some butter and brown sugar in a hotel pan and dump in the eggy bread-goo, then top with crushed candied pecans. Bake in a water bath until done, and serve with either a fruit coulis, vanilla bourbon custard, or caramel sauce.

It's a pretty ghetto way to reclaim some food cost, but people love it.

My custard is a tad richer: 1.5 litres of cream, .5 litres of milk, 2 dozen egg yolks, 2 cups brown sugar. I like to use 4 loaves of day old challah bread and vary the seasoning and add-ins. This yields a full size 3" deep hotel pan and approxmately 35-40 servings.

For me, I think bagels would be far too chewy.

well bread puddin is in the oven.....we'llsee how it tastes.....i'll report back later.....i cut em up and let them soak overnight in the mixture i made.....ryan

viva la revolucion !

just an update...cut the bagels in small chunks....i used 12 eggs and a qt of heavy cream...some brown sugar and some cinnamon and vanilla.....cooked it in a water bath at 350 till done....it was a hit....i thought it could use more sugar but i like stuff sweet.....i let the bagel chuunks soak overnight in the custard before i cooked it to let them soften more.....ryan

viva la revolucion !

Excellent, but now I am hungry again...

Stefan

Well done sir.

+ Reply to Thread