Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have to love line cooking advice on love

good point

Although I met my wife of 25 years at the restaurant we worked in.

Don't get me wrong,it can work out,but there's enough stress and ******** on the job(+tons of other hotties workin there) to put an enormous amount of strain on any relationship.
    Congrats to you Salty.Do you two still work together?

Well she works in the deli and I'm in the restaurant. Also I'm a one trick guy no double dipping.

"Also I'm a one trick guy no double dipping"
    Do you mean it's a one time thing or you're not into playin the field? Either way,tread carefully..it's a slippery slope

Sorry should have elaborated. I meant I don't cheat or hit on others while I'm seeing someone.

Things like that usually travel pretty fast in a kitchen. I rarely tell anyone personal things like that, you're asking for trouble

I was dating the pastry chef for 4 months before anyone except her assistants knew. I agree it can be a strain, but its working well for us! I am all about discretion though, don't tell anyone anything, let them find out when you are ready for them to find out.

dont wear a condom, it doesn't feel as good.
    Music--Food .:':. Dancing--Eating

Quote Originally Posted by stevenStefano View Post
    Things like that usually travel pretty fast in a kitchen. I rarely tell anyone personal things like that, you're asking for trouble
    haha, but does she?

i will say that i liked a girl back in culinary school and ended up working with her at a country club. it took quite a few months before i could muster up the courage to ask out this beautiful and very very talented line cook. nobody knew i liked her and i kept it that way for a good reason.

fast forward...we have been married a year and a half.

my advise, go for it
    It's like my ol' grandpappy used to say; "The less one makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look a fool in retrospect"