Which sous vide do you recommend?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superk17

Reaction score
I am looking to get into sous vide, seems like a good way for tough cuts of meat. I plan to use my chamber vacuum pack so I have that part covered. I am considering Anova unit and I waned your opinion of it? I mainly cook for two, my wife and I so I don't need big unit just fomenting simple and reliable.

Anova gets the most love - they were first to market with a home unit. Nothing wrong w Sansaire or Nomiko.

Since this question was last posed (see "Sous Vide" subforum) Bluetooth units have become the norm and wi-fi units have been introduced. Like the Bluetooth control but Can't think of any practical application for Wi-Fi. Probably just resonates with the Shun owners.

Browse the other threads on the topic and you'll no doubt get some guidance here as well.

From your description, I would pick the one you can get the cheapest. All of the brands mentioned above will do the job. I know Anova does sales very frequently. Mother's day, fathers day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and more. So keep your eye out for those. As far as the wifi, Bluetooth features are concerned I've never used the Bluetooth on mine so IMO I think it's gimmicky. Save some money and buy a rack to hold the Sealed packages, and a dedicated tub.

I have tried most sous vide devices. If you are an occasional home cook, any will do. I use them professionally and 3 Anovas died on me (wildly-off temperatures - I am guessing they use an el-cheapo thermostat). The only one that keeps going is Polyscience Chef series and above - the only thing is 750 usd makes sense for a pro kitchen but might not be for a home user...

Back