Wall Knife rack -tadafusa showroom

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A knife temple in Sanjo designed by a guy called Seki...say what?

Not yet, but if you scroll down they show how each shelf can go anywhere on the wall, so they could add many, many more shelves if they wanted to, but it sure is sparse looking now.

I already have my guy quoting it for me. He already made me the knife block of my dreams but this is a whole nuther level.

Sweet! Seriously like this for my own home too and a new reason to venture into Japanese woodworking tools.

The display wall is jaw-droppingly good, but someone enlighten me how Tadafusa knives are worthy of such a display ? I mean, this is the brand we all talk about and obsess over and find hard to source, right ? [emoji6]

The display wall is jaw-droppingly good, but someone enlighten me how Tadafusa knives are worthy of such a display ? I mean, this is the brand we all talk about and obsess over and find hard to source, right ? [emoji6]
I think the reason is this: "Seki has designed a number of shop and exhibition spaces that promote traditional Japanese crafts, including a kimono shop in Kyoto and an installation using hemp fabrics for a Tokyo textile brand."

The display is very pretty. I like how the knives were displayed to show its beauty. Gave some ideas how to store my knives in my kitchen.

I like the the minimalist design of the showroom.
Been eyeing with a knife as well, but couldn't find much user experience about it.

I had same thought - does that make me a bad person?

As far as I know, Tadafusa makes basic, no frills, entry level knives. I've read about people "upgrading" from them but have never seen anyone disparage them in any way. Don't know if they offer a premium line but at the $100 price point they see a good value.

Yep, don't want to be seen as putting down Tadafusa knives, but they compete at the Tojiro level from all accounts so this display wall seems a bit ostentatious.

Yep, don't want to be seen as putting down Tadafusa knives, but they compete at the Tojiro level from all accounts so this display wall seems a bit ostentatious.

Maybe an interesting discussion could be: which knife/knifemaker deserves a wall like this?

I agree that this display looks really good. If you think about it, it is very reminiscent of a shoe store display =)

Replace Tadafusa with Takefu Village - now you have some knives worth showing off !

Back