A Very Special Treat: Top Quality Honduran Rosewood Burl

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dream Burls

Reaction score
It's not often I'm tempted to keep a block of wood for a future handle I might want, but this was one of those times. I was fortunate enough to get my hands on a top quality slab of Honduran Rosewood Burl (HRB) and they are magnificent blanks. They say a picture is worth a thousand words so I'll let my pictures do the talking for me. All I'll say is that they are stunning blanks that will make fantastic handles. These blanks are cut for wa handles. Prices range from $70 to $80, a fair value for this quality HRB. Just click on the picture below to take you to that page on my site.

Just got my piece of HR and it is beautiful. Thanks again Myron.

Stunning burls. I have rosewood burl western handle made by Dave and it looks and feel amazing. And the wood does not seem to darken at all (contrary to something like Ironwood). I have one more block and keep it for some very special knife.

Hi Byron,

Just wanted you to see the "fruits of your effort" - here is a Chris Anderson XH AEB-L 240 that I just got wearing the absolutely amazing HRB I purchased from you. It really, really turned out IMO ...

Original block / prep'd and cut;

Copper spacer with G10 sandwich layed up;

Final absolutely amazing handle & blade - I really, really can't thank you enough for selling such amazing pieces of material!

None of this would be possible without Chris though ... Also ALL PHOTO's thanks to Mr. Anderson!!!

Will write up this beautiful knife in another section of the forum!!!!

Thanks again - just figured you would like to know that piece went to good use!

Tom

Chris really did justice to that rosewood burl. Tom - how do you like the shape of the handle? It is very intriguing.

You guys do me proud. Chris, you've really become a master of your trade - super work. By the way, I was able to get another slab of this amazing wood and I'll be getting it on the site sometime this month.

Hi Matus - Perfect for pinch grip IMO & I have large hands so not small at all (just different)! Fits superbly in the hand with the width and height being ideal - and in the hand at the right places! Lots of control, stability and without loss of dexterity. Was over at a friends house and we played around with it last night ... Well worth it ... once back in SD I will spend a lot more time figuring it out and comment again.

TjA

Chris really did justice to that rosewood burl. Tom - how do you like the shape of the handle? It is very intriguing.

Latest posts

Back