WIP CPM154

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RRLOVER

Reaction score
005-42.jpg

It was finally cool enough to want to work in my garage today.I whipped these out this afternoon.I just need to drill some holes and off they go to Peters HT.

Nice work! I'm digging on wide-blade, low-tip profiles.

It's my cannon S90,they do look wide in the pic.I made four at 48mm and four at 50mm.Also I am not making knives for sale,just don't want any forum forum confusion.

Ah, that must be it. Either way, they look great--nice to see what you and Marko have started doing since your trip to Devin's.

They look great!
always dreamed of having a knife from CPM154

005-45.jpg

003-49.jpg

010-22.jpg

http://i515.photobucket.com/albums/t359/mario164/001-56.jpg[/IMG
]
[IMG]http://i515.photobucket.com/albums/t359/mario164/002-50.jpg
001-56.jpg

I finally finished my first blade.I had to re-grind it three times before I was happy with the convex grind.

CPM154 RC 61.5
240mm
2.9mm over the heel tapering to .5mm tip.

Wowza!:EDance2:

That looks great! Love that mirror finish. Are you bringing that beauty with you to my place Sunday?

That looks great! Love that mirror finish. Are you bringing that beauty with you to my place Sunday?

Thanx......But it's not even close to a mirror,I will bring a few blades to play with.

Got to hold this knife today...What a beautiful thing! Amazing knife by a great guy!

005-48.jpg

006-38.jpg

004-54.jpg

003-51.jpg

002-52.jpg

001-59.jpg

011-19.jpg

I finished another one.What a PITA making a handle with a half dead sander.The handle is a ginormous one that is made from ringed gingee,blackwood,and buffalo horn.I might do a pass around with this blade but the large handle might throw a lot of you off.

specs:
48.5mm tall
250mm edge
2.79mm over the heel
.79mm at the tip

001-60.jpg

I whacked some off the end so it is no longer ginormous,it's just f'in large now.

I whacked some off the end so it is no longer ginormous,it's just f'in large now.

I think that was a very very wise decision. I was very unsure about the oversized end cap on an otherwise beautiful handle. The design looks a lot more balanced now. Fit and finish is excellent from what I can judge from the photos. Well done!

DarKHOeK

Back