As described & discussed in detail in the other thread - here is the official thread for Gesshin EU passaround organized by me and Krakorak (Jan).
The Following stones are included:
- Gesshin 400 (soaking stone)
- Gesshin 2000 (soaking stone)
- Gesshin 4000 (soaking stone)
- Gesshin 6000 (S&G stone)
If you are interested to join please just answer to this thread. Once the names are collected I will announce the order. If you have preferences (because of work or vacations) please mention them in your answer. I will do my best to find the right time slot for you.
Those who have expressed their interested in the previous thread will all get PM soon as a reminder, so they do not miss the passaround.
- Who is eligible: if you live in EU, are an active user here on KKF then you are most welcome to join.
- Timing: Each user has 2 weeks. That makes it about 1 week to use the stones and 1 week to let them dry (depending where you live the drying of the soaking stones may take up to 5 days). Plus one week to get the stones shipped to next person. That makes it 3 weeks in total per participant. Give or take, as always.
- Shipping: I have packed the stone safely and in such a way (no scotch tape apart from the outer box) that you should be able to re-pack them. The package weights just under 5kg and it should stay that way to avoid unnecessary costs. Please ship the package insured to a value of at least 300€
- Should you feel that the stones need flattening and you have the option to do that, than do not hesitate to flatten them. In particular the 400 dishes relatively fast.
- I will include a short note with some information about the stone
I would like to ship the stone to the first participant in about 2 weeks (8th of April)
I am fully aware that shipping & handling such a relatively fragile items bears risks. .$hit happens from time to time - should you accidentally damage some of the stones, I will not hold you responsible for a refund or replacement. Just try to handle the stones with care and use insured shipping. In a case of accident just let me know (via this thread) and we will see what can be done. Should the package arrived damaged please check the contents and in case of damage to the stones provide full information to the person who shipped the stones, so he/she can file a claim with the shipping company.
I will not collect the addresses of all participants, just from the first one. Once the order is agreed on, please just communicate your shipping address with the person that should be shipping the stones to you.
If you have any questions or comments - please post them here.
And of course - share here your views on these stones. I am curios how they compare to other stones you guys use.
Let's get the ball rolling