• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Shigefusa, Konosuke W#2, Moritaka Supreme in Canada

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh

Reaction score
It's 10th anniversary time, and I need to make a statement:scared4:

I'd prefer to sell to someone in Canada, as a Canadian will see the best value out of these deals - I've already eaten the duty and taxes, and dropped the price on top of those savings. These are all great knives. I have all original boxes, and will ship safely. Prices are in US funds.

1:240 Shigefusa Hamono Gyuto $440.
:(
I'm taking a loss on this knife - I purchased from another forum member, and paid a fortune to get it over the boarder. I've used my home made board butter on the handle, and forced a patina on the blade. This is my regular knife. I sharpened it on a 1K and 3K stone, with stropping, and has had light use since. There are no issues cutting foods (stains, smells) as I clean with very hot water, and the patina does it's job. After posting this, I found a micro-chip that is so small I can't take a picture of it (I tried). It's about 2cm from the tip of the blade. I've dropped the price to cover the cost of sharpening.
attachment.php

2:Konosuke White #2 270 Gyuto with Ebony handle $230.
This knife was also purchased from a fellow forum member, and I'm taking a hit again - duty is horrible. Fantastic knife - natural patina - lots of blues and purples. I wanted to try this steel and this blade length. I like the steel, but I don't have use for a 270mm Gyuto when I have the 270 Kono W#2 Yangi for slicing. Includes saya with pin.
attachment.php

3:Moritaka Supreme with Octagonal Handle $140.
Selling this knife kinda makes me feel like someone who bought a Harley a year before the price drop - nothing wrong with the knife (in fact, it's light, nimble, and I see no hint of grind issues) but it's hard to sell without taking a big hit. $200 at CKTG - I've refined this edge and sharpened up to 8K.
attachment.php

Last edited:
wish I could help out, but I just don't need more gyutos!

Some house cleaning
-Moritaka is 240mm long
-prices include shipping to the US and Canada
-Paypal only

One and only price drop - If these don't sell by Friday, I'm taking them off the market
#1 - Shigefusa - $400 shipped in North America
#2 - Konosuke - $190 shipped in North America
#3 - Moritaka - $120 shipped in North America

Is the Shigefusa really going to be the last to go?

a friend of mine might want that Shigi, if you can hold it until, say, tomorrow, i'd appreciate it.

Well the Moritaka is pending, so I thought some extra pics would help. Actually I was asked for extra pics. I'm no photographer... so if anyone wants to see more don't be shy!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

no one asked... just had the camera out so I thought... what the heck, let's fill up my space
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Wow, Josh, I feel for you having to sell the babies. But a tenth anniversary is a pretty big deal--you made it past the seven year itch!

Wow, Josh, I feel for you having to sell the babies. But a tenth anniversary is a pretty big deal--you made it past the seven year itch!

thanks Philip!... still waiting for that to show up (or it shows up every day)

Moritaka is back up for sale -

Thanks everyone - with mixed emotions, I'm taking these off the market at these prices. If you're interested in the Moritaka or Shigefusa PM me with an offer -
Josh

Back