• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Tanaka 240 Ginsan from Knives and Stones

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cashn

Reaction score
This is one of the first ones sold as prototypes. James told me they are basically the same as the regular production knives except for the handle, which is gidgee and a little bit bigger than the normal ones I believe. Selling B/C I just picked up a 270 from here.
Here's actually a link to the review Pensacola Tiger did when he got it. http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/23940-A-Tale-of-Two-Tanakas-(pic-heavy) I sharpened it once after a little bend in the edge from getting too close on the root side of some garlic, other than that it's only been touched up on high grit stones by the previous owners I believe. Asking $165, not sure how much the first ones with different handles sold for but that's what I paid. I'll put some pictures up tomorrow.

As you can see the small chip is still there. I didn't completely take it out as it's not affecting much. In the last photo the chip is on the edge above where light is reflecting off the blade. If the buyer would like I will sharpen it out but it's really not harming anything. Drop this to $160 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back