• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Carter Muteki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brainsausage

Reaction score
Howdy gang. Up for grabs is this stainless clad white 2 "Chef's Knife" as named by Carter. Has some hammer and forge marks along the top third or so of the blade face around the makers mark, kinda nashiji-esque texture, but less pronounced. Handle is Ironwood, I believe, and on the smaller side. This would be good for someone with smaller mitts, or a good candidate for rehandling. Measures about 250mm long, and is around 58 mm at the heel. I don't have proper measuring devices, but the spine-it's THIN above the heel. Weighs 156 grams. Laser for sure. This sucker is too light and thin for my tastes. Saw very little use, and is just this side of new. Has a few light surface scuffs on the right side cladding, nothing that won't come out with some quick polishing. Never sharpened, could use a touch up. Asking $300 all in. International pays shipping. Not looking for trades. Here's some crappy phone pics!

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1459455254.274285.jpg

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1459455491.001007.jpg

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1459455536.704775.jpg

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1459455567.374614.jpg

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1459455592.733774.jpg

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1459455610.293777.jpg

That is a great deal on a Muteki at this size. But are you sure the steel is white #2 and not #1?

I hope someone takes advantage, I concur with Mucho Bocho. My Muteki is 206 mm and I love it and use it all the time

Lucas, brainsausage is a long standing member here with many knives bought and sold. Do not worry - he will get back to you. Sometimes things get in the way of answering (or indeed, shipping) as we would like to.

Lucas, brainsausage is a long standing member here with many knives bought and sold. Do not worry - he will get back to you. Sometimes things get in the way of answering (or indeed, shipping) as we would like to.

:plus1:

Understand being freaked out with sending a lot of money to someone you have never met but don't worry. I'm sure work at the restaurant has him tied up.

Ditto for me. I have done a high dollar transaction with brainsausage before and he came through. As with most chef's on this board they are not on the hours we typically are. He also continued to help me with questions I had at the time.

Thanks for the kind words guys. This past week has been a bit rough, and I've definitely been remiss in most of my correspondence over the last few days. PM has been sent to Lucas, and knife was shipped out on 4/21. I tried to make up for the delay by including a t-shirt from the BBQ (don't tell Lefty, as I still owe him one...:whistling:)

Cheers,

- Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back