Any Mr Itou Owners Out There

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malexthekid

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just curious if there are any Mr Itou owners out there with any of his composite material handles? AKA turquoise and corian handles.

I own onw with an abalone handle and love it but am looking at getting one of the composite ones as a gift and just wanted to get some feedback on how the handle wears.

Thanks

Alex

I have a pairing knife with an azurite malachite handle on it. I guess it got dropped somewhere because there are some chips in the butt of the handle.

No delamination or anything else weird.

I've got a Mr. Itou santoku with a burl handle. The steel is actually really nice....easy to sharpen and hold a blazing sharp edge. Mine is a western handle and one of the scales is slightly loose. Not sure what caused it but it's something I need to address eventually. Otherwise, I couldn't be happier. Need to re-etch mine, had it for a while and used it a lot and had to thin it. Performance is outstanding though.

I love mine. It holds it edge for so long, probably the longest out of all my knives. Recently took it in for some tlc since i was near a reputable sharpener (aka the flat spot wasn't perfectly flat) and now i have the constant issue of Itou, Tansu or Ealy whenever i cook.

Owned many...and I mean MANY... great maker (at least at the time I was purchasing them...08ish???) I'm sure he is just as good now if not better. R2 Steel RULES!!!!

Latest posts

Back