Quantcast
Health Audit
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Health Audit

Health Audit

You will all probably get a kick out of this, but I got in trouble on Friday for having a stone soaking in water on my prep table (no prep being done, that is just where I sharpen). The inspector claimed it was kitchen equipement stored in standing water...a friggin critical violation.

So, as opposed to keeping the water running for 30 min while I soak my Rika, and in trying to be good and keeping in compliance, what is a good splash and go stone in the 4k range?

Engorged Member
    Gessin 5k...amazing

+1. I'd also consider a 3k SS but only if you don't mind soft and I tried using Choseras as splash n go stones and they work pretty well, actually. Another one is a Belgian blue coticule. I think it's the hardest of the bunch. For a nice, durable edge, I might go that way.

Engorged Member
    Can't you store your soaking stones in the walk-in?

Quote Originally Posted by El Pescador View Post
    Can't you store your soaking stones in the walk-in?
    Either that or an immersion circulator holding the stone above 140 degrees and a properly displayed and approved HAACP plan for safe storage of water stones.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

As a "civilian" I'm just too stunned for words...

@pesky &Johnny, very fine ideas! I can't beleive I did not think about them prior to the audit.

It should be noted it was not a state health official...our company hires a third party auditor to do a complete food safety audit...it is VERY detailed, which I have no qualms about.

Could you put a smidge of bleach in the water and tell them it's a sanitizing bath?
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

We were once defrosting chicken in water in the walk-in, and I told teh boss to take it out of the bag, put salt in the water and tell them we're brining it.

That takes the cake though. What a jackwagon.

You could always use this as an excuse to your SO as to why you need a jnat or BBW.

Hey kalaeb, if you want to try out the Gesshin 5k I happen to have one you can play with.

+ Reply to Thread