What's grilling??????

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheNewMexican

Reaction score
Wondering what everyone has going on the grill this weekend? Perfect weather here with an afternoon high of 80 degrees F.

For us it's grilled Pizza.........

IMG_0425_zpspebsidhy.jpg

Couple of tricks I picked up;
- lightly toast the crust on one side, flip over and remove. Fixings go on the toasted side then back in to finish the crust and melting the cheese.
- 400 to 450 is a nice compromise between control and getting pizza's done

The Weber didn't get much exercise this past winter because the tanks kept freezing up. Looking good after the long sit........

IMG_0427_zpsl1ptmdw9.jpg

Happy grilling!

No pictures but Thursday was burgers and the first corn on the cob of the year.

Sunday grilling a whole chicken, backbone removed and flattened.

Almost finished, maybe another four hours. I'll post some shots when I cut it this afternoon. Once I put the brisket on the Kamado, I do not open the lid until its done. I always cook large cuts with a thermometer, but if your cooking in a BGE or some other Kamado style cooker spraying, basting or mopping has never been necessary. I've been using a PartyQ to fine tune the temperature. It also her going faster too.

A23E6845-848F-4F16-B46F-09B98EF89A88.jpg

I have a cast-iron plate I can place right over the coals of the BGE. The beautiful thing about the BGE is all the different setups you can do (with aftermarket adjustable right or woo). I also have a cast-iron skillet cut the handle off that fits perfectly in the egg.

I was going to reverse sear this beast but Ill sous vide and sear.

temp_3_zps90b37445.jpg~original

I gotta get my BGE back in service and order one of those temperature maintaining contraptions. It's been to long. Nice job everyone.

I own a cyberQ wifi and can adjust the temperature anywhere from my phone (or any internet connection). Very useful for overnight cooks as well.

3 week work trip. You guys inspire me. Have Kamado Jr. will travel.............

IMG_0860_zpsewuisxo8.jpg

How many oranges would it take to trade for a bag of that charcoal???

You wouldn't believe it but the local grocery store has 40 lb bags for $14.99.

If I hoard charcoal does that make me a bad man????????? :D

I order 300 to 400 lbs at a time. But I'm picky about the kinds I use and often find it easier to ship a pallet with someone to bring down the cost.

Rockwood is my current favorite

Ozark oak was the best but they are no longer available

Wicked Good weekend warrior is great for very long low and slows.

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumprankpoll.htm

Always seems to be another twist in the road. I've been craving some oak flavor in my beef lately. Thanks for the link........

The brands I listed are all very neutral in flavor. In fact all the top rated brands will be. I choose to add and control my smoke profile via the smoking wood I add.

Loving this thread!! I'm going to grill me a ribeye tonight once I fill the tank.

Will be seasoning it shortly. Thanks for the dinner idea!

Psstt.. I was going to BBQ a butterflied cajun chicken two nights ago but ran out of propane. Next time!

Back