Sous Vide VacMAster

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The VP215 is on sale for two days at 30% off!!! Use the code CHAMP.

Wish I still needed one as this is a much better unit than the 120 I have, for basically the same price.

Arghh... this might cost me $629 and space I don't have. So tempted.

Their units have really shot up in price in the last few years.

I don't think so. I bought a VP112 several years ago for close to 6. It was still close to 6, maybe even cheaper, when I last looked. Customer service is still outstanding.

Disagree. I could have bought a vp215 for less than that a couple years ago. Now, $999. That's almost a 100% increase. I stopped watching if anyone ever ran hefty sales, but the msrp definitely shot up. I was mainly eyeing webrestaurant at the time, who had the best prices.

I bought a bunch of bags from them a bit ago with high failure rates. Granted. I was using a Sammic unit, but sealing a bag isn't exactly complex engineering. The person they put me in contact with first told me he had no idea who sammic was and because I wasn't using their machine, I can go pound sand.

Last edited:
I just got fed up with the vacmaster (older model) got an avid armor 32 this week. Weighs 25 lbs VM was 78. Much smaller footprint. VM max was -.9 bar. AA full -1 bar. And it starts sealing with gentle pressure on lid. Only downside is i have to move it out from under the cupboards to open lid fully.

What model did you have before Bill? While I'm not happy with all the price raises, I haven't heard many complaints on the Vacmaster.

I went back and referenced my data and wanted to correct myself. Roughly ~2 years ago the regular price for the VP215 was $689 at webrestaurant, which I found to be the best price at the time. I know on sale it would dip into the high $500s. Today, that price is $999 on the site regular price. Like I said, I don't know what sale prices look like or if other sites do deep discount sales every now and then. I just know that the 'regular' msrp has jumped quite a bit. Roughly 45%, or 22.5% increase a year.

I ended up buying a Sammic and noticed that's gone up a good 17% as well, so there's that too I guess.

Vp-112. I was happy with mine until the leak but i always had to put body weight on lid to seal. Now with avid armor i realize how much easier convenient and efficient the new one is. A month ago i was not unhappy with vac master. Congrats on the sammac.

They absolutely went up a few years ago. I was set to buy a 215 a handful of years ago and I didn't pull the trigger when I should have. When the tariffs on stuff coming out of China went live the price went up a few hundred dollars. That's when Vacmaster discontinued the 112 and 120 series sealers. I just picked up one of their newest ones, the VP200 because it was less than $500. I'm not sure what I think about it yet.

Hoping for a good sale to jump on one, but regret not getting it when it was in the $600+ range

Yes I wish there was a good alternative to recommend at this time. I have a number of family member and friends that could really use a decent size budget friendly model. I'll check them out, thanks for the recomendation.

Mine (112) went from minor repair to major right after it lept from a table. 200 for lid and gasket. Then 200 to replace cracked chamber. Cust service guy was telling me about a new model either just released or about to be. Going to be approx 500 price point and he said he could get me 100 discount as 112 owner.

Back