Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a favorite of mine. Dry brined overnight then vacuum sealed along with pepper, sage, and thyme. Once out of the water bath the sage stayes in place for the quick fry in about a 1/4 inch of canola oil. Ran late so I was not allowed to take pictures of the finished product, sorry!

WP_20160319_15_53_33_Pro_LI (1).jpg

thats some nice dark red pork, where do you buy it from?

I picked up about 400 dollars worth of product at Polyface Farms outside of Charlottesville, VA while doing the college visit thing with the family. I've been wanting to go there for about 7 years ago after listening to Omnivores Dilemma, so I may of gone overboard:doublethumbsup: Here is a link briefly describing the pork part of the farm: http://www.polyfacefarms.com/2011/07/25/pigaerator-pork/

Best pork I've had by far.

Joel also has a book called "Everything I want to do is Illegal" which is a fun read, at least if you are a small business owner or libertarian:D.

Okay. US cuts drive me crazy - but isn't that beauty pork loin? The pork tenderloin is two inches in diameter.

Back