• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Kato 240 mm workhorse gyuto with custom ironwood handle and custom saya

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mark76

Reaction score
I’m thinning the herd. For sale: Kato 240 mm workhorse gyuto with a custom handle and a sturdy and well-fitting saya (Kiyoshi Kato/Yoshiaki Fujiwara). The knife originally comes from JNS. The knife was never used by me, except for testing on a few veggies. However it was sharpened once by the previous owner (Greg) and there are a few scratches on the blade. See the pics.

The knife was rehandled by Greg Gola (Wabocho). The handle is made of ironwood with an African blackwood ferrule. The ferrule contains a very small crack that is easily filled with superglue if you want to. The knife also comes with a sturdy and well-fitting saya made by Greg. It comes in the original box.

Price: US$ 400 or EUR 370. This includes worldwide insured shipping from the Netherlands with tracking and 3% Paypal fee.

kato002_zps4abmu9rh.jpg

kato004_zpsoqbhokda.jpg

kato001_zpsevuyhq4y.jpg

(Sorry for the crapy phone pic of the knife with saya below.)

20160309_065435_HDR_zpshn1euesh.jpg

That's a really nice one! I remember hearing about the ones where the vertical scratches had been removed and given the Sanjo style finish. Someone will be very haopy

That's a really nice one! I remember hearing about the ones where the vertical scratches had been removed and given the Sanjo style finish. Someone will be very haopy

The vertical lines have been removed because that knife has been thinned.

what's the height? it looks a bit short for a 240 workhorse no?

I think I pipped you Brucewml but let's have a chat when my 210 std edition arrives in a few weeks?

Actually I do have Kato 210 and 240 Gyuto already. But this one is little different. So I just want to try out. Lol specially my Kato work horse Gyuto 240mm handle way too big for my hand. Lol any western Kato Gyuto avaliable? Lol

Actually I do have Kato 210 and 240 Gyuto already. But this one is little different. So I just want to try out. Lol specially my Kato work horse Gyuto 240mm handle way too big for my hand. Lol any western Kato Gyuto avaliable? Lol

Maybe try Marc, I believe he has 3. Also unsure if he can respond on the forums...or checks them anymore.

Or the one I bought off Huw last year...

Just realized that this was rehandled, mine had the JNS chestnut handle.

Sold to Badgertooth. But Otto, Paypal doesn't list your address! Please send it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back