Visiting Florence, Italy - Any recommendations?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shownomarci

Reaction score
Going to Florence, Italy by the end of the month for 4-5 days.
Will be living in a cheap hotel in the city center, so the obvious sights will be at hand, but i would be interested in your recommendations regarding sights and restaurants (trying to avoid the tourist traps and taste some nice/rustic local food).
Thank you!

The indoor market does a great roll. I had a lot of good food but nothing great, places outside of Florence were awesome

I've been here now for a few days and seen a lot of things from the outside but today we'll go in the Uffizi.
The most astonishing thing was the view from the Piazzale Michelangiolo.
So far. ☺

Make sure you see Michelangiolo's David. The real one in the Accademia, not the concrete copy outdoors. It absolutely killed my when I saw it. Made the trip half way around world worthwhile in itself.

Make sure you see Michelangiolo's David. The real one in the Accademia, not the concrete copy outdoors. It absolutely killed my when I saw it. Made the trip half way around world worthwhile in itself.

:plus1:

Get a Foccacia from a place just a few hundred meters behind Palazzo Vecchio. Just pass by the fake David, turn left and keep walking for a few minutes. It,s actually behind the Uffizi. Cant really miss it, theres a long queue outside on the street. Mostly tourists who have read about it in a tourist guide...but its well worth the wait. Best g.. damn sandwich I ever had!!!!! Just tell the guy to do his thing...he is the Michelangelo of sandwich makers!!!

Plus 2. It made us stop and linger. Good thing we went in low season.

Back