Quantcast
Recent work - Page 7
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent work

Quote Originally Posted by PierreRodrigue View Post
    Hmmm, a damascus cleaver, great, another idea... Thanks a lot! The cleaver is CPM154, thin straight taper from spine to edge, and a full distal taper front to back, really slight belly.
    Yeah you make one and I'll find a buyer for my kidney. That cleaver you're working on sounds like it's just my taste!

Quote Originally Posted by Potato42 View Post
    I don't want to clutter up and get Pierre's thread even more off topic again, but have a look at the couple of pictures I posted In the "First Japanese knife" thread. B&W Ebony from craig stevens on a Hiromoto AS. They were enormously expensive scales... thank god they fit.
    I have seen Caig sell a pair of scales for $248(!), it's just crazy. I am holding back this time because I have tons of great stuff that I had stabilized myself, but I am still using some wood from Craig which I had picked up 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Potato42 View Post
    I don't want to clutter up and get Pierre's thread even more off topic again, but have a look at the couple of pictures I posted In the "First Japanese knife" thread. B&W Ebony from craig stevens on a Hiromoto AS. They were enormously expensive scales... thank god they fit.
    I created a thread where we can continue the wood talk without swamping Pierre's thread...
    http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...latest-pickups...

While the last batch of knives were finishing up heat treating, got in some forging, here are a couple pictures from Saturday...

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Cool! Thanks for the pics.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

That is so freaking cool. Thanks, Pierre.

Awesome! I love these threads. Thanks Pierre!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I just love these WIP posts. It is so cool to get a glimpse into the process. So much heat, so many wonderfully large and mean looking tools. Exciting to know that so much heat and force and brutality makes such beautiful and delicate blades. Love it!

DarkHOeK

Nice pictures!! That last picture...salt bath or whatever they call it? What does it do?

Last picture is vermeculite. Once done forging and normalizing, it allows the billet to cool slowly, keeping it in an annealed state.

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com