Photo Contest - Pick Your Own Prize each Month

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
New Contest - Each Month the winner get's to pick out anything they want from the webstore.

Here is how it works;

To enter the contest just post a photo of a knife using Burl Source wood as the handle material. Make 1 post per knife. The post number is your entry number. You can make a new post for each different knife.

Each month on the 1st I will use a random number generator to select the winning post number. Whoever wins gets to pick out anything they like from our webstore.

You are encouraged to post comments on the knives. If the random number generator selects a post number that is a comment instead of an entry I will do it over.

This will be an ongoing contest.
The more different knives you post, the better your chance of winning. Plus, we get to enjoy seeing the photos of your knives and re-handles.

To start things out I will make an entry for Michael Rader with a knife he sent me a photo of. The handle is an unusual type of Koa I had.

standard.jpg

This is an entry for Butch Harner using Black Palm
260410_1762725358564_1551997027_31424635_7602214_n.jpg

Crap! Start off with the best, looks like I am out of the running this month.

I will post some pics when I finish some of the ones I have going with your wood.

270mm Shigefusa Kasumi Gyuto with Redwood Burl handle by Marko.

IMG_0629.JPG

IMG_0630.JPG

IMG_0636.JPG

Ironwood with copper spacers on a 270 suji fashioned by kalaeb.
handle5img0403.jpg

The handle makes using this utilitarian knife a real pleasure. Anything I win goes directly to him.

Wait until I get this one with Burl Source maple burl done....Mark has awesome wood! :D

This one is for Son. The wood really has an iridescence that doesn't show in the image.

1310900808-1.jpg

I hope Marko makes it with my other burl source this month. If this wins, the price will go to darkhoek :)
And yeah, I have a piece in the making a darkhoek. Just need a blade :p

002-47.jpg

009-27.jpg

012-14.jpg

Some ringed gingee......I am glad I snagged that block:thumbsup:

To start things out I will make an entry for Michael Rader with a knife he sent me a photo of. The handle is an unusual type of Koa I had.

standard.jpg

Ah, I see Michael has modified his blade profile somewhat. Nice.

What are the woods?

All posts need to identify the wood!

Both are made from unstabeilized maple. After shaping on a bench grinder, I hand sanded up to 400 grit, soaked in linseed oil, then buffed with a cloth loaded with white rouge.

1310900808-1.jpg

I hope Marko makes it with my other burl source this month. If this wins, the price will go to darkhoek :)
And yeah, I have a piece in the making a darkhoek. Just need a blade :p

The wood is Burl Source dyed Maple burl with musk ox horn ferrule.

DarKHOeK

Does this have to be kitchen knives?
I don't have any kitchen stuff finished until after Ashokan...So i will show this instead.
P1030545.jpg

P1030560.jpg

As Mark called it....Mutant Redwood Burl!

Mike

That hamon is awesome.

Really enjoyed working this nice redwood from you Mark! The ferrule is blackwood, spacers are copper/my own mokume/red fiber stuff.
IMGP1202.jpg

Hi There,

Here is my new knife from Del in AEB-L. I ordered the Koa and blackwood from Mark and had him send it directly to Del.

Thanks for the fantastic wood and great service!! :knife:

My new Takeda.... blackwood ferrule,mammoth ivory spacer, and two tone amboyna, from Mark

Very cool you kept the free growth burl end B). Beautiful knife and handle.

DarKHoeK

mhenry, I think the handle combination complements the blade as much, if not more, than any knife I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back