Quantcast
Photo Contest - Pick Your Own Prize each Month - Page 4
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 201

Thread: Photo Contest - Pick Your Own Prize each Month

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    mano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    659
    Tojiro honesuki with tabilized kao with nickel silver corbys by kalaeb. The suji above is beautiful and this is even nicer. He's clearly getting better with practice and I'm a very fortunate recipient!



    ]
    [

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    mano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    659
    Carbonext 240 guyoto maple burl with stainless corbey rivets. This a stunner in person, too bad my photography skills suck.

    ][
    ][/URL]

  3. #33
    Senior Member tgraypots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    530

    My first attempt at a knife that somewhat resembles a gyuto.....a kiritsuke-shaped yo gyuto. It still needs thinning and some scratch removal, but I'm satisfied with it for my first attempt. 1080 steel, heat treated here at home, and a pair of ebony scales from Burl Source.
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    1,365
    Quote Originally Posted by mano View Post
    Tojiro honesuki with tabilized kao with nickel silver corbys by kalaeb. The suji above is beautiful and this is even nicer. He's clearly getting better with practice and I'm a very fortunate recipient!



    ]
    [
    Beautiful work Kalaeb

  5. #35

    RRLOVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    FIB
    Posts
    1,127
    Quote Originally Posted by mano View Post
    Carbonext 240 guyoto maple burl with stainless corbey rivets. This a stunner in person, too bad my photography skills suck.

    ][
    ][/URL]
    Does this wood have a finish on it,'cause this baby really shines

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    mano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    659
    Yep, both have finishes. The suji doesn't but it's beautiful too.

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    sachem allison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    3,931
    Quote Originally Posted by tgraypots View Post

    My first attempt at a knife that somewhat resembles a gyuto.....a kiritsuke-shaped yo gyuto. It still needs thinning and some scratch removal, but I'm satisfied with it for my first attempt. 1080 steel, heat treated here at home, and a pair of ebony scales from Burl Source.
    I like it, it's rustic. good job

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    966
    Here's the Gyuto with ringed gidgee Dave just made for me.

  9. #39
    Weird Wood Pusher Burl Source's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kerby, OR
    Posts
    3,450
    Beautiful knives you guys.
    1st drawing will be tomorrow afternoon.
    Mark Farley / It's a Burl
    Phone 541-592-5071, Email burlsource@burlsales.com
    Visit our web store

  10. #40
    Weird Wood Pusher Burl Source's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kerby, OR
    Posts
    3,450

    Kalaeb is the Winner for the 10/1 Drawing

    For the October 1st drawing the winning post was #6.
    Mano was the winner but in his post he said if he wins the prize goes to Kalaeb.

    Congratulations Kalaeb

    You get to pick out any piece you want from my webstore.
    Send me a PM and I will tell you how to claim your prize.

    Next drawing will be the 1st of November.
    Plenty of time to post new knife photos using Burl Source wood.
    Mark Farley / It's a Burl
    Phone 541-592-5071, Email burlsource@burlsales.com
    Visit our web store

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts