• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Takagi Honyaki 210 B#2

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chef_

Reaction score
This was the first j-knife i ever bought, and i never really liked it. it just kind of sits in my bag now. The angle of the bevel is just too obtuse, making it wedge a lot and it has no distal taper whatsoever , so i dont find it useful for much really.However If youre a knife collector , its a cool piece i think.
Im asking $270 plus shipping CONUS, comes in original box

Im also open to trade if you have a 240 or 270mm

I have one I really like, but that's after 10 to 15 hours of thinning and polishing. That honyaki is really tough! But the edge is resilient and surprisingly durable. Definitely a project to get to that stage.

I have one I really like, but that's after 10 to 15 hours of thinning and polishing. That honyaki is really tough! But the edge is resilient and surprisingly durable. Definitely a project to get to that stage.

yes if you thinned it and grinded down that bevel this knife would be beautiful. But im just a cook, I have no idea how to do that.

Back