New knife on Market

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutting_Edge

Reaction score
So Jessie James the motorcycle builder is now a kitchen knife maker. It looks like a bowie knife and a knuckle dragged. He wants 300 and he is using 440 and a plain hickory western handle. Thoughts?

That is by far the best knife ever designed for someone without knuckles. 440, soft, ugly. Take my damn money already.

http://www.westcoastchoppers.com/products/jesse-james-9-chef-knife-pre-order

b0a1b5f80cb331c7f915c760f89844ec.jpg

Ick, on all fronts. It's even worse than the local knife builder where I am, who also uses mostly 440C at high prices.

It took me a minute to figure out which was the top and bottom. Weird handle placement in the middle of the blade.

worst part is that it'll probably sell out, and soon we'll have motorcycle guys trying to tell us about how there into kitchen knives. One will defiantly be my cousin. :scared4:

Looks like it must be very sharp, you can see where he dropped it on the toes of his boots! :pirate1::knife::IMOK:
Jesse%20James%20Boots.jpg

I don't actually dislike it. It seems like it wouldn't do a bad job of slicing up a hog roast, and what more does a biker really need.

(Not a dig at bikers, it's my understanding though that hog roast and the like are their staple foods).

It's not marketed at Japanese collectors (you or I). I use the word collectors loosely here.

I give him credit for learning a new skill (blacksmithing) and taking advantage of his fame at the same time. I wouldn't even consider buying it but people will, so kudos to him for making a living. I don't know why people give him a hard time.

Imagine if he got an overload of pre-orders.. I wonder if he would personally make each knife. (I assume Uri Hofi or someone probably makes the bulk of these, but nonetheless)

he should be making pocket knives...he could charge a lot, they are popular for his customer base, and he has all the water jets and cnc stuff right?

Back