Roll Call for 2016 ECG (May 15)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildBoar

Home cook, knife accumulator
KKF Supporting Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Please post in this thread if you will be attending the ECG on Sunday, May 15, or even if you have just a slim hope of attending. The event address will be sent via PM or email.

Thanks!

I will be there, still gotta coordinate the driving with Larry.

Stefan

I plan to attend and very much looking forward to it. Thanks for organizing. -Doug

Unfortunately I don't think we are going to be able to make it to this one, but look forward to getting in on one in the near future. Enjoy it!

~Luke

I definitely expect to be there. (But maybe not in the 911; offered to let a friend use it that weekend for a track event. If he does, I'll try to find something else for me and Stefan. Maybe something Italian, if he won't mind.)

I definitely expect to be there. (But maybe not in the 911; offered to let a friend use it that weekend for a track event. If he does, I'll try to find something else for me and Stefan. Maybe something Italian, if he won't mind.)

Sounds good, but there are cars that I just don't fit into. Saw a Lotus the other day and had to laugh...

Stefan

If you and Stefan were in the 911 with knives, food in back, a stiff suspension, and roll cage it would make for an interesting ride.

I hope it will be an interesting ride; how could it not be with Stefan as my passenger (at least from my perspective; Stefan may feel differently)? But with the stiff suspension, not a good idea to carry anything fragile, or anything that in any case would not transport well if subjected to a rough ride. (I hope Stefan doesn't think that will include him.) Unfortunately, even though I don't have a roll cage (only a roll bar), only small stuff can fit in back, i.e., behind the driver and passenger. And the "trunk"/boot is, of course, in the front, but not much room for anything large there.

Sounds good, but there are cars that I just don't fit into. Saw a Lotus the other day and had to laugh...

Stefan

Don't worry; I've been in Lotuses, and it won't be as bad. Neither contortions of the same magnitude to get in, nor a seat as small. Once you get into the 911 and tighten your harness, you'll be snug and comfy. At least until we get underway.

Even with the loss of a couple knifemakers, this is still shaping up nicely. Including some SOs/ kids, we should have at least 30, and possibly closer to 40 people.

The event is going to be at my house in Alexandria, rain or shine. I will reach our via PM for email addresses so I can send out an email with the address and other info.

Please bring a folding chair or two if you can, as there will be way more bottoms then we have seats.

As far as drinks are concerned, we'll have bottled water, some beers and sodas, etc. but if you have anything special you prefer to drink or would like to share then by all means bring it.

And as far as food is concerned, Bill13 is preparing some dry-aged steak again this year, and there will likely be a pork shoulder. I also may make some jerk chicken. But we'll need more food then that, especially finger-type food or sides. So we are definitely soliciting for people to bring some food. We have a gas grill plus two Weber kettles if you want to grill anything, plus the stovetop and ovens are available.

And who knows, if Rick is able to make it maybe he will bring a salmon like he has in the past :peepwall:

Would love to join this year, is it okay to bring some smoked meat?

Improbably, and gratefully, I will be there!! Anyone have interest in homemade chili oil?

Back