• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Carter Muteki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mistascoopa

Reaction score
Looking to try one. 190mm to 210mm. Anyone looking to part with one? Shoot me a PM me.

Mista, Mine is also very similar, Murray Carter 6.8 sun Muteki Series Gyuto 206 mm , 49 mm, 1.7 mm, Ironwood handle. I am attaching a couple of pictures as a reference.

I would second Mucho Bocho's advise and get the one he suggested.

20151220_163323_zpsnicaarhs.jpg

20151220_163249_zpsiupvvu7i.jpg

20151220_163231_zpsq2r1tpsj.jpg

Ernesto, I like that profile very much too. I'll have to post a pic of mine. Have you thinned it yet? I've thinned mine about three times, from the shinogi line down. It really really woke the knife up.

Ernesto, I like that profile very much too. I'll have to post a pic of mine. Have you thinned it yet? I've thinned mine about three times, from the shinogi line down. It really really woke the knife up.

I'm in the process of thinning my 232 Muteki funi. Still needs some more work, but it's noticeably better than OOTB.

I have to confess that I would not know how to thin it. I read with admiration all of you guys how you make your knives in this beautiful instruments. I am still in the pre-rookie stage of sharpening. Even without the thinning, I love using it and how it performs, and I find it very easy to sharpen thanks to the white steel. I feel lucky that I can sharpen it and not ruin it.

I'd be ok with selling you the one i just bought from brainsausage. but i would want another couple months with it. its a 255mm 58mm tall 156gram white lazer.

Hey. Thanks for the responses fellas. Casaluz, your Funayuki is exactly what I am after(You sure you're not selling?). The Muteki Mucho Bucho linked looks very similar and I would definitely get it, but the handle contours are very different. I could modify it myself, but I would like one ready to go.

I actually misinterpreted the transparent "ADD TO CART" buttons on the Muteki page to mean the knife is sold :O. $240 sound like a great deal. I probably will have to jump on it if I can't get a used one. I'm a penny pinchin fool...

Thanks for the offer Lucas, but that one is a little too big for me.

:biggrin: sorry mista, the carters I have will stay with me for now. By the way, although the material of the handle is different than the one Mucho Bocho pointed to, I think you will find it functional enough for a while. I think you will be happpy to get it new and play with it to make it "yours" .

Hey. Thanks for the responses fellas. Casaluz, your Funayuki is exactly what I am after(You sure you're not selling?). The Muteki Mucho Bucho linked looks very similar and I would definitely get it, but the handle contours are very different. I could modify it myself, but I would like one ready to go.

I actually misinterpreted the transparent "ADD TO CART" buttons on the Muteki page to mean the knife is sold :O. $240 sound like a great deal. I probably will have to jump on it if I can't get a used one. I'm a penny pinchin fool...

Thanks for the offer Lucas, but that one is a little too big for me.

Back