Where to buy Hitachi Steel in the US

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

A colleague of mine makes knives and would like to buy some Hitachi, preferably white or blue #2... He cannot find it though.

Any Advice on where or how to get it in the US?

You have to buy a ton minimum in order to buy direct. CK2G bought a decent amount for one of their house brand knives. Last I herd they sold off the remaining stock to Randy of HHH.

Another way is to take apprenticeship with Carter - after that you will be able to order via him indefinitely. Or ask guys from Blenheimforge in UK - AFAIK they use several sources.

if you'r looking for "blue like", you can find some 1.2519 or 1.2419 .

for shiro , you can can find in germany ( Achim Wirtz) : 125sc

You have to buy a ton minimum in order to buy direct. CK2G bought a decent amount for one of their house brand knives. Last I herd they sold off the remaining stock to Randy of HHH.

Word on the street is correct! I did secure a stockpile of Blue#2 Message me with your request and I will see if I can accommodate.

I had a customer call also just a few days ago about this and it seemed he had some in stock, but not listed on his site

No worry's. Up until today. I did not really tell anyone I had it available.

If Aldo has some in stock I would suggest buying it from him :)

Back