• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

honesuki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoiledbroth

Reaction score
looking for anything other than a fujiwara fkm or tojiro dp honesuki (the latter is about 76CAD ems from japan) not picky about anything else as long as the knife is in workable shape and has some life left in her. if carbon please nothing pitted... looking for something cheap(er) unless you're feeling particularly saint-like. :angel2: :wink: I would not want to spend more than 160USD landed, so this could be a bit of a tough one I suppose as you must be prepared to ship the knife to the frozen north (canada)

thanks kkf.

cheers.

Should have bought that Yoshikane, unless you're a lefty. Would have been worth the extra $40.

I would suggest to look into the Gesshin stainless from Jon's website. It is less than half of your budget and anything he carries is very good

looking for anything other than a fujiwara fkm or tojiro dp honesuki (the latter is about 76CAD ems from japan) not picky about anything else as long as the knife is in workable shape and has some life left in her. if carbon please nothing pitted... looking for something cheap(er) unless you're feeling particularly saint-like. :angel2: :wink: I would not want to spend more than 160USD landed, so this could be a bit of a tough one I suppose as you must be prepared to ship the knife to the frozen north (canada)

thanks kkf.

cheers.

JCF sells a hirimoto 145mm honesuki for $75, it's skd so a good steel and is quite nimble in the hand. I bought it on a wimb and people seem to like it. I think his flat rate is $8? So you'd be well below budget. Hell could even buy a hankotsu for comparison if you wanted. Really good knife and I know a lot of gents here use it which is why I bought it. Masakage yuki is also below $160 usd at knifewear, if you spend over $200 cad shipping is free. They make good knives for the money and it's a fairly attractive blade. Probably grab a book or a kitchen trinket to fill the gap apposed to paying $20 to ship her.

For just a very basic, stainless honesuki, I am enjoying my Buttermilk Supply Kosshi honesuki, which is also about half your budget. It looks very similar to JKI's Gesshin stainless honesuki. I just couldn't resist the bones logo on the Buttermilk version.

Back