Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Black snot and steel splinters #2

If I could add one last thing to my above statement, it's to avoid stagnation at all costs. Youve done well with the idea of playing with new steels and blade shapes. Btw the nakiri has been waiting for you. Your grind + that shape is going to be incredible, a true laser that will strike fear in veggies the whole world over. I look forward to seeing what you come up with and where the iron takes you. Keep up the good work and the rest will take care of itself. As I said before in the knife world your something different and I(we) kinda like that.

Again thanks for all the great advice. I was sort expecting a bunch of jokes

I'm sending the knife to BKultra, as he hit it off, and refreshed my thoughts on that subject.

I'm feeling very optimistic today, much thanks to you guys. Hope you'll have a nice friday.

Thank you very much can't wait to give it a go.

With your inspirational help, coming up is playing with a handle material I believe will make love with the hands - birch bark. It's probably a big pain to work, but it's sexy.

I was driving a bit today to pick up a wool rug (my girlfriend is on some wool craze) and I was thinking about knives as usual.

I don't see competition between knifemakers, I believe quality knives will just expand the (very marginal) market for high end knives, and the more good knives out there the better.

So something like this, when I began i did a bunch of trialing to figure out what kind of geometry I wanted on my knives, as you can read in the other forum. I consider this to be like a recipe, and I don't mind sharing it, and if someone want to try making a knife based on that recipe they should not hesitate.
    I don't see it as "copying" or anything like that, because it all comes down to execution. And freehanding a good grind on a knife does take some practice/skill/talent/effort etc.

And then there's the shape, handle, materials, how they're treated... Everything comes together (and matters) to make a nice knife.

Back to work. Cheers!

Since I'm wearing a old Nine Inch Nails sweater, the song title "help me I'm in hell" comes to mind. Grinding a 360 suji
    Attachment 31919

I just weighed the 360 suji blade. Lol.

Attachment 31953
    Last edited by RDalman; 05-16-2016 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Gaaaah why do attached pics not work?

That's quite the long feather you have there!

Quote Originally Posted by ash987 View Post
    That's quite the long feather you have there!
    Haha I guess. It's just that looking at it from the spine doesn't tell that..
    Attachment 31954