Quantcast
Masamoto Honyaki Suji First Look - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Masamoto Honyaki Suji First Look

That was an awesome review and equally exceptional set of videos Salty. I still can't get over how you sliced that tomato. I certainly have some lofty goals when it comes to sharpening thanks to you.

Quote Originally Posted by stereo.pete View Post
    That was an awesome review and equally exceptional set of videos Salty. I still can't get over how you sliced that tomato. I certainly have some lofty goals when it comes to sharpening thanks to you.
    That was sick!
    I really am related to Tony Clifton.

You don't need a honyaki to be able to slice a tomato like that. Just a nice sharp edge and some technique.

Now if he push-cut horizontal slices in that manner, this would of been me...

Such a beautiful knife, I would love to give that thing a test run!....and not necessarily because its honyaki, but more so, because I've been really interested in trying the Masamoto sujihiki as it is.

Although still cool, my eyes are still intact because there was a force of opposing pressure, which is the same as push cutting onto a board, albeit horizontally. I'm not saying its easy to get an edge to do this, just hoping for something different....like some slow, but real-time samurai style

I'm not trying to be critical, just trying to push you and your knives to your respective limits! Always appreciate taking the time to make the videos and show off the knives we can only dream about.

This is after I put an edge on it. The previous video was the OTB plus a four sided balsa strop. I found this task very difficult. It will be my new tomato test.

That sure does look like a tough test. I like the challenge and I'm going to have to try this myself. Thanks

Nice knife/ skills.