Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Passaround

I'm in on the other forum so figured I might as well add myself here too

Want to make sure I don't miss out on this one!

Quote Originally Posted by RDalman View Post
    This is international, and I'm thinking to set it up so we start in eu, and go on maybe an aus trip from there, then US and last back to me. That way I get the risk of import duty.
    A suggestion. Have the knife marked "Return for warranty repair" when it is sent back to you. That should preclude import duties.
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    A suggestion. Have the knife marked "Return for warranty repair" when it is sent back to you. That should preclude import duties.
    This works between Canada and the USA and vice versa, I've sent knives fully insured to the USA to be worked on and then returned. I do not recommend under-valuing/insuring as a workaround. I have to keep track of paperwork (original export tracking info), but worst case is any duty/tax paid has been refunded upon export, just not the processing fee if done with Canada Post, part of the reason I love the couriers (who normally those who rely on them to do their customs work). I can't see why a similar approach wouldn't work elsewhere. One thing I was told by a CBSA official is that it has to go between the original importer and exporter (at least from a Canadian perspective), so not sure how the pass around aspect would influence that.

Depending on the check boxes as "reason for export", there may also be a "sample" as opposed to "sale of goods", "merchandise", or "repair/warranty"

I'm in Canada too if I can join the fun.

I'd like to sign up please!

I'm in from Australia land.... Aussied if you want to join in i would be keen to set up a group to share the OS shipping cost between us so the final person doesn't get stung

Am definitely in over the count, but just in case things shake out I would like to participate.

Ok, I'm in for the Asia/Pacific leg.
    “Though I could not caution all, I still might warn a few; Don’t lend your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools.” Robert Hunter

Nice! I'm thrilled interest is high. It's probably safe to say the seven spots that was remaining are filled. Depending on where you guys are maybe we'll extend it to include everyone. I'll compile the list later today.

I'll get to this after some sleep. It turned into a long day in the shop and I don't feel my head is up to it right now.