Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Passaround

Passaround

Ok I have a signup thread going on the other forum but I'm moving it over here and look to get this started soon.

If everyone signed up on the other forum is still in, there are seven spots left.
    I have decided to send out a 240 aeb-l gyuto and it's going to be handled with something I feel represent my work well. That probably means a natural wood based handle.

Rules/guidelines:

Use knife for a week and send it to next person in line. Ask next person for address via PM
    Insure the package for 4000 sek.
    You may sharpen the knife if you know what you are doing.
    You are responsible to pack it well and post it to the next member in line. Ask pass around starter or next member in line for address.
    Don't abuse knife for (no chop on glass/plate/etc, no dish washer, don't leave carbon knife wet, don't force patina etc).
    Keep pass around starter informed about location and tracking number via PM after shipping the knife.
    Please provide some feedback either in this thread of via PM to pass around starter

Count me in Robin

Quick question - is this EU or Worldwide passaround? I am asking since "importing" the knife back to EU may with rather high probability mean that whoever will be on the receiving side will be requested to pay import duties. Personal experience

This is international, and I'm thinking to set it up so we start in eu, and go on maybe an aus trip from there, then US and last back to me. That way I get the risk of import duty.

That is indeed a good idea. You will not need to pay import duties, because you own the knife

I'm game. I live in Canada.

I'm in. Thanks for doing this Robin.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

I'd love to play, thanks for the opportunity!
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

I'm in if it's coming to the US
    "So you want to be a vegetarian? Hitler was a vegetarian and look at how he turned out."

Administrator
    So in.
    Older and wider..

In.

Washington DC