Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Passaround

Quote Originally Posted by banjo1071 View Post
    And, as a big plus, you will find yourself very much surrounded by japanese tourists.....
    They may be more japanese guys then in Okinawa right now .... I live about 40 km away from Garmisch, and it is indeed the most beautiful place on earth, at least for natives like me!

@eechef:You may borrow my Raquin Gyuto for testing if you like, and some others as well.....

Greets Sebastian.

I'm going to help speed this thing along...I definitely want one of Robin's knives at some point but have way too much on my plate to give these the attention they deserve...should wind up going from Strumke to DaveB now...thanks for the opportunity Robin.

Cheers

once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Got the knives yesterday, prepped a bunch of stuff tonight for a friends dinner tomorrow, and so far, I'm definitely impressed! I'll leave more feedback when I have some time.

Lobby had asked to take a look when they got to me, so if that's cool, I can hand them off and Lobby can send them to DaveB. I should be dome w them after the new yr.

As long as the knives are in DC I would love to give them a spin in a pro environment.

Quote Originally Posted by chinacats View Post
    I'm going to help speed this thing along...I definitely want one of Robin's knives at some point but have way too much on my plate to give these the attention they deserve...should wind up going from Strumke to DaveB now...thanks for the opportunity Robin.

Cheers
    Hope it calms down for you and stuff go smoothly. let me know if things change

Quote Originally Posted by strumke View Post
    Got the knives yesterday, prepped a bunch of stuff tonight for a friends dinner tomorrow, and so far, I'm definitely impressed! I'll leave more feedback when I have some time.

Lobby had asked to take a look when they got to me, so if that's cool, I can hand them off and Lobby can send them to DaveB. I should be dome w them after the new yr.
    Awesome! I think as long as you guys try to not hold them for excessive time so to speak, it should be alright

I dropped the knives off to lobby not too long ago (and got a nice tour of the kitchen!)

Definitely a pleasure using them. I stropped them on a 5k stone, but no other sharpening.

Overall, food release was excellent, as expected with that crazy grind, although I was able to get some food to stick if I kept trying! It was well balanced too even with such a light blade. The main thing that struck me was how solid they felt while cutting given the thinness of the blade overall. It was noticeably flexible towards the tip, but not while cutting (only when trying to flex it, lightly!). I'm glad that I was able to give them a spin.

Thanks!

Still giving these knives a workout. I will probably ship them out this wednesday.

Thanks for updates and keeping it rolling 👍

knives are out to dave B he should get them in a couple days.