Looking for a 180-210mm petty

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordanp

Reaction score
Hey looking for something stainless or stainless clad 180-210mm or slightly longer in size with a wa handle and is not superlight/thin looking outside of what is available on korin, tosho, knifewear, and Japaneseknifeimports as I've already looked there and just putting out a search for what's out there before I decide thanks! (also under 300 would be great thanks)

I really, really like my Masakage Koishi 180mm gyuto.

Ah looking for a petty on the line not gyuto as I already have a couple within this range which work but want something to work as a slicer.

I just got a Watanabe that I like a lot, and my girlfriend uses an Itinomonn 180mm petty that I want to steal every time I use it.

For the line, would highly recommend 210 Itinomonn Suji/Line Knife, perfect line workhorse. Beefy, solid wa handle, can take the bumps and bruises of service, hold and edge and be used for slicing or some board work. Not stainless but not highly reactive. Sold out now but they pop up on BST. The Tesshu 180 petty I have is not as hearty but is stainless & has a bit more body to it than the Suisin Inox Honyaki and the other ones similar to it, I found those a little to puny/flexy for line work. Been wanting to try out one of the 210 Kochi V2 Pettys, should have some weight on it.

For the line, would highly recommend 210 Itinomonn Suji/Line Knife, perfect line workhorse. Beefy, solid wa handle, can take the bumps and bruises of service, hold and edge and be used for slicing or some board work. Not stainless but not highly reactive. Sold out now but they pop up on BST. The Tesshu 180 petty I have is not as hearty but is stainless & has a bit more body to it than the Suisin Inox Honyaki and the other ones similar to it, I found those a little to puny/flexy for line work. Been wanting to try out one of the 210 Kochi V2 Pettys, should have some weight on it.

Thanks! and yea had a konosuke HH petty before but was just so light and flexi never felt safe using it...

I have a Gesshin Heiji 210mm semi-stainless petty/suji that I am planning to list on B/S/T as soon as I get my post count up high enough. Beautiful knife in many ways, and definitely not flexy, just not for me. I have not found it reactive, but it does take on a very faint patina. I guess that's the "semi" part.

Back