Quantcast
Need a parer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a parer

Need a parer

Is Dojo the way to go on this one?

Thanks
    Jared

I disagree with the Dojo. But perhaps I should not have an opinion because I never had one. BUT, from what I hear the Dojo is quite a thick parer. Yes, it may be hardened to like 61 or something, but I believe that for a parer, thin is in. Also, stainless is helpful. MAC Pro and Misono Molybdenum FTW.

The Shun classic parer is my favorite.

the dojo has a thick spine, but it does thin out well at the edge. One thing I don't like about it is how the handle transitions into the machi.

+ 1 to the shun classic. I use a pairing knife a lot when my fruit trees come on and the shun has rocked since day one. (I know I should upgrade to a petty). There are many shun haters out there, but this one will always be a keeper for me.

I like this one:

That is my Parer, a Herder K1.

How is that miyabi's tip? I tend like a nice pointy tip in my parer vs. a ?sheep's foot? or whatever it's called. that miyabie almost looks like something inbetween. Oh, and if you really want to drop some coin, there's always the FH parer!

I'll check these out thanks guys. Dropping some coin on a parer wouldn't be right for me, it wont see to much use from me but I would like to have one around, the wife may use it a bunch so I can't really trust her with anything like that either. I have some amazon credit though and they sell the shun there hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by TDj View Post
    How is that miyabi's tip? I tend like a nice pointy tip in my parer vs. a ?sheep's foot? or whatever it's called. that miyabie almost looks like something inbetween. Oh, and if you really want to drop some coin, there's always the FH parer!
    It's pretty nice, it is kinda shaped like a mini santoku. They make a traditional shaped one as well.