Nice Japanese knife found at estate sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tadpastsnug

Reaction score
I found this small, 7 inch overall, 3 inch blade beauty at a sale. Appears older and Japanese. Can anyone please enlighten me as what I have?

Nice find indeed. This is the forum that should be able to help you. :newhere:

Looks like an ajikiri. Basically a tiny deba. Looks like amatauer hour on the sharpening job too there.

I don't think you're going to retire on this one. It's a small fish butchery knife. Probably zero collector value. Maybe worth a few bucks on the bay.

I don't think you're going to retire on this one. It's a small fish butchery knife. Probably zero collector value. Maybe worth a few bucks on the bay.

I am not looking to do much with it. Would it be a criminal act of desruction to make a small defensive knife with it? I may put it on e bay if that is the case. I am not a big collector of much.

You could list it (or gift it to friend) as small Japanese fisherman's knife. There are several Utube vids on how to properly use one. On a good day it might get 20 bucks.

I've used a very similar Watanabe for "small fish" for several years. Once upon a time, it processed large numbers of fish I caught with casting net to feed some pet turtles. :)

I've used a very similar Watanabe for "small fish" for several years. Once upon a time, it processed large numbers of fish I caught with casting net to feed some pet turtles. :)

I thought Turtles ate pizza.

Back